This two-piece Shun Classic Knife Set is an ideal start for any chef or home-cook looking to start their knife collection. This set contains the two most popular all-rounders in the kitchen being a Chef's Knife 20cm and Utility Knife 15cm. Both knives come beautifully present in a gift box and razor-sharp ready at 22 degrees sharpness for precision cutting.
The wavy pattern on our blades is called a Damascus look; what gives it that pattern are 16 layers of SUS410 High Carbon Stainless Steel pounded to 3/1000th of an inch and then "clad" on each side of the VG10 core. This combination of materials gives the blade strength, stain resistance, and incredible cutting performance.
VG10 is a new type of stainless steel that has a higher density. This allows the steel to be tempered to a Rockwell hardness of 61, and still have the flexibility and strength to take and keep a perfect edge. VG10's natural tendency is to remain straight and true, so when it is used, the edge of the blade naturally straightens out and stays sharper longer.
This is the traditional Japanese style of knife making where you take extremely hard carbon steel used for the edge, then clad on each side a protective layer of stainless steel like our Shun Classic line. This is actually the process of how samurai swords are made.
- Beautiful black wooden gift box with Shun logo on the front.
- Contains the two most popular chef knives, 15cm utility, and 20cm Chef knife.
- Features Damascus steel dual-side ground blades with a unique pattern and incredibly sharp edge.
- Damascus steel is forged in 32 layers that cover a VG-10 core, creating the ultimate kitchen knife.
- The striking handle offers ergonomic comfort in many cutting chores.
- Made in Japan
- Lifetime warranty
Model Number DMS-0220